American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adv. Of necessity; necessarily: We must needs go.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of necessity; necessarily; unavoidably: generally used with must.
- adv. Of necessity; necessarily; indispensably; often with must, and equivalent to "of need".
- n. Plural form of need.
- v. Third-person singular simple present indicative form of need.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adv. Of necessity; necessarily; indispensably; -- often with
must, and equivalent to of need.
- adv. in such a manner as could not be otherwise
- Middle English nedes, from nede, from Old English nēde, genitive of nēd, necessity; see need. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Discriminating and broad-minded criticism is what the South needs, needs it for the sake of her own white sons and daughters, and for the insurance of robust, healthy mental and moral development.”
“Launched in February 2011, the label needs a little introduction, given that the term "biobased," although familiar-sounding, represents more than meets the eye.”
“I think the term needs rebranding so that it doesn't have that tinge of moral superiority.”
“A label needs to take risks on bands it believes in but at the same time, each release has to be successful, albeit not always in a financial sense.”
“Readers pick up genre books because they want the writer to meet certain needs and one of those needs is originality of concept.”
“I'm in Brooklyn, have been down to Occupy Wall Street quite a few times and the word needs to get out those who are not here to witness this in person.”
“What Wisconsin needs is a good Kenosha liberal, whose dad worked in the long defunct AMC plant on the shore of Lake Michigan, to step up, show some balls, and point out that Paul Ryan wants you to work until the day you die.”
“The last thing John McCain needs is advice from Puppetmaster Rove.”
“What McCain needs is policy credentials and a credible governing narrative.”
“But not just anyone could be this fellow's "goddess" his term needs to have many spiritual attributes to meet the qualifications set down by God Himself.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘needs’.
A combined list of
1. EU Buzz - single words
2. EU Buzz - collocations
3. EU Buzz - the 100 most active
absorption capacity, absorption rate, acceding country, accession candidate, accession countries, accession country, accession criteria, accession cycle, accession negotia..., accession partner..., accession priorities, accession treaty and 2650 more...
Protagonists and relevant words in the Book of Creation (Source: King James Bible)
All words of the Lisbon Treaty
(Persons' names, foreign and grammatical words have been eliminated, MWEs have been split up into individual words. Capitalization has been retained if r...
Looking for tweets for needs.