from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Regeneration of biological tissue.
- n. The formation of new minerals.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The regeneration of tissue
- n. The formation of new minerals
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A new genesis or begetting; new production. See the extract. The term neogenesis was first used to explain this sudden origin of new forms from old-established species, if I am not mistaken, by my friend and colleague Professor Paolo Mantegazza, many years ago; it has been since used, more or less in the same sense, by the late Professor Cope and by others.
What this means is that the pancreas can put out insulin and shut down insulin very quickly without having something called glucose neogenesis, which is glucose production in the liver.
The paper not cited in the article Cordova A, et al., Amino acid catalyzed neogenesis of carbohydrates: a plausible ancient transformation.
Today's discussion was about islet neogenesis and INGAP.
Thus far, they have had islet neogenesis around rodentia pancreases, but there are still a number of variables that need to be tested before human trials can be done.
It promotes islet neogenesis, which can lead to health improvements for patients with diabetes.
Baltus B, Vondenhoff M, Huizinga TW, Tak PP, et al. (2007) Inflammation and ectopic lymphoid structures in rheumatoid arthritis synovial tissues dissected by genomics technology: identification of the interleukin-7 signaling pathway in tissues with lymphoid neogenesis.
Next, we estimated the ICC contributions that represent islet neogenesis from ducts.
Importantly, it was shown that the continuous neogenesis of β-cells through the cell re-differentiation program did not involve β-cell self-renewal
Lipsett M, Finegood DT (2002) beta-cell neogenesis during prolonged hyperglycemia in rats.
CureDM receives patent allowance for novel islet neogenesis program
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.