from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Surgical incision into the kidney.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the surgical procedure of cutting, or making an incision in a kidney
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Extraction of stone from the kidney by cutting.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In surgery, the operation of incising the kidney, as for the extraction of a calculus.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. incision into a kidney (usually to remove a kidney stone)
nephro- + -otomy (Wiktionary)
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.