from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A group of closely connected nerve cells that perform a specific function.
- n. A source of power or control: Our Boston office is the nerve center of the corporation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A point at which nerves come together for the processing of information.
- n. By extension, a physical location in a business, organization, or agency where information procured from different sources is brought together to be considered and acted upon by decision-makers.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a center that provides information and control
- n. a cluster of nerve cells governing a specific bodily process
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.