from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A long, closely fitting cloak.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A game of cards played by any number of persons with a pack from which the eight of diamonds has been discarded, on a board upon which duplicate ace of spades, king of hearts, queen of clubs, and knave of diamonds have been fastened face up.
- n. Same as Newmarket coat.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a gambling card game in which chips are placed on the ace and king and queen and jack of separate suits (taken from a separate deck); a player plays the lowest card of a suit in his hand and successively higher cards are played until the sequence stops; the player who plays a card matching one in the layout wins all the chips on that card
- n. a long close-fitting coat worn for riding in the 19th century
Sorry, no etymologies found.