Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A game of cards played by any number of persons with a pack from which the eight of diamonds has been discarded, on a board upon which duplicate ace of spades, king of hearts, queen of clubs, and knave of diamonds have been fastened face up. On these cards are placed bets which are won by the player who can play the corresponding cards in accordance with the rules of the game.
- n. Same as Newmarket coat.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A long, closely fitting cloak.
- n. a gambling card game in which chips are placed on the ace and king and queen and jack of separate suits (taken from a separate deck); a player plays the lowest card of a suit in his hand and successively higher cards are played until the sequence stops; the player who plays a card matching one in the layout wins all the chips on that card
- n. a long close-fitting coat worn for riding in the 19th century
“The costumes were long, light-colored, newmarket overcoats, black velvet collar, stylishly patterned.”
“Ed Thursten told me that once he and father went down to newmarket and a feller in the hotel tride to lick father and father hit him a old he one in the snout and gnocked him up 2 flites of stairs and round 3 corners befoar he stoped. i bet they aint many fellers whitch cood do that. ennyway”
“A light colored newmarket of the most fashionable cut was buttoned closely about his thin figure.”
“She drew a cap over her shorn head, packed her own garments and a few of her brother's in a large bag, buttoned her newmarket coat tight up to her throat, and once more surveyed herself in the glass.”
“Don't be surprised to see an improved performance from John Gosden's charge here. newmarket july cup”
“With the newmarket opputunities in the B2B sector and knowing that companies are always looking to adopt cost effective technoligies, Tether should fair quite well here.”
“Flower Parade, sightseeing tour of Amsterdam, visit to Bruges, option to book on line at: www. newmarket.travel/wme16048”
“Price includes: return coach from local pick up points, return Channel crossings, tour manager services, two nights at Disney's Hotel Santa Fe, price based on four adults in a room, supplements payable if less (Disney's Cheyenne and Kyriad Hotel also available), breakfasts, one day park hopper ticket to Disneyland Park and Walt Disney Studios Park, continental breakfasts, option to book on line at: www. newmarket.travel/wme11566”
“No creativity in this joint, The one with that big white thing and the ramp is in the wrong place, it belongs with the other overly large car yard buildings over in newmarket!”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘newmarket’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Looking for tweets for newmarket.