from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To keep down or under.
- v. To press hard upon; straiten (applied to bounds).
- v. To pinch or starve with cold or hunger; stunt in growth.
- v. To harass; grill; plague; annoy.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To keep down or under.
- To press hard upon; straighten: applied to bounds.
- To pinch or starve with cold or hunger; hence, to stunt in growth.
- To harass; plague; annoy.
We've been workin noo a month or so and had saved up a few pennies, wir friend Han fae Borneo had arranged to come for a visit to New Zealand so it was perfect timing to set off on a nidder mini adventure ....
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.