Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Native nitrate of calcium. It occurs as a pulverulent efflorescence on old walls and limestone rocks, has a sharp bitter taste, and is of a grayishwhite color.
- n. mineralogy A hydrated calcium nitrate mineral that forms as an efflorescence where manure contacts concrete or limestone in a dry environment, as in stables or caverns.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Min.) Nitrate of calcium, a substance having a grayish white color, occuring in efflorescences on old walls, and in limestone caves, especially where there exists decaying animal matter.
- n. the mineral form of calcium nitrate
- nitro- + calcite (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
‘nitrocalcite’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for nitrocalcite.