from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A declaration to play a hand without a trump suit in bridge and other card games.
- n. A hand played without a trump suit.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A declaration, in bridge and similar games, that a hand is to be played without a trump suite.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In bridge, the declaration to play without any trump suit, each trick being worth 12 points: the most valuable declaration. See bridge, n.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a version of contract bridge in which no suit is designated as trump for the duration of the hand
Sorry, no etymologies found.