from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to lawmaking; legislative.
- adj. Based on a system of law.
- adj. Of or relating to the philosophy of law.
- adj. Of or relating to the study or discovery of general scientific laws.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. defining laws
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Legislative; enacting laws.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Legislative; enacting laws.
- Pertaining to a nomothete, or to the body of nomothetes.
- Founded on a system of law or by a lawgiver; nomistic: as, nomothetic religions.
- Noting a science which aims at the discovery of universals or general laws: opposed to idiographic.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to or involving the search for abstract universal principles
Greek nomothetikos : nomos, law; see nem- in Indo-European roots + thetikos, thetic; see thetic.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Ancient Greek νομοθετικός. (Wiktionary)