from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. That which the immune system identifies as foreign to the body.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any entity other than oneself.
- n. All agents and substances that are not body's own.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. That which is not oneself.
- n. Any material that enters the body and is not recognized by the immune system as being part of its body, thereby triggering an immune response; any material appearing to the immune system to be foreign to its body.
Sorry, no etymologies found.