from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who refrains from the use of something, as of narcotic drugs or alcohol.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who is not a user (of drugs, a computer system, etc.).
- n. Lack of usage; failure to use.
- n. Neglect or omission to use an easement or franchise or to assert a right.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- A not using; failure to use.
- Neglect or omission to use an easement or franchise or to assert a right.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In law: Neglect or omission to use an easement or other right: as, the non-user of a corporate franchise.
- n. Neglect of official duty; default of performing the duties and services required of an officer.
We may have here not only a "healthy user " effect but an "unhealthy nonuser effect" which is one of the problems of working with "coarse grained data".
So you can't run a comparison like tobacco and lung cancer, the user and the nonuser.
Every computer user and nonuser has the divine spirit within.
As inability to see the physiological effect upon himself encourages the tobacco user to continue smoking or chewing, so failure to identify evil physiological effects upon the smoker encourages the nonuser to begin smoking or chewing.
Servitudes of this character could be extinguished by the consolidation of ownership of both servient and dominant estate in the same owner, and by remission or release; by nonuser for the prescriptive period, and by the destruction of the dominant or servient estate.
If discordant drinking and drug behavior is causing marital stress, the nonuser in the partnership may change their behavior, Leonard said, and take up the alcohol or drug habit.
The alliance will allow members of those groups to seamlessly utilize the Microsoft Dynamics Community site and bring a significant amount of new, high-quality content and resources to benefit all community users, including nonuser group members.
Internet use refers to Internet user status (coded as 1 = nonuser, 2 = user) rather than the type of Internet use (ie, frequency).
_misuser_ or a _nonuser_ of them; and they may be resumed by the government under a judicial judgment upon a _quo warranto_ to ascertain and enforce the forfeiture.
“A private corporation,” say the court, “created by the legislature, may lose its franchises by a misuser or a nonuser of them; and they may be resumed by the government under a judicial judgment upon a quo warranto to ascertain and enforce the forfeiture.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.