from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The direction or point on the mariner's compass halfway between due north and northwest, or 22°30ʹ west of due north.
- adj. To, toward, of, facing, or in the north-northwest.
- adv. In, from, or toward the north-northwest.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The compass bearing or compass point halfway between north and northwest, specifically 337.5°, abbreviated as NNW.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. to, toward, or in the north-northwest
Sorry, no etymologies found.