from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A storm or gale blowing from the northwest.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A strong wind blowing from the northwest
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A storm or gale from the northwest; a strong northwest wind.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A wind or gale from the northwest.
- n. In Canada, one who is employed by the Northwest Fur Company.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a wind from the northwest
Sorry, no etymologies found.