from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A snack or light meal.
- intransitive v. To eat a snack or light meal: noshed on a bagel between classes.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Food; a light meal or snack.
- n. Fellatio.
- v. To eat a snack or light meal.
- v. To perform fellatio (on); to blow.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (Yiddish) a snack or light meal
- v. eat a snack; eat lightly
Yiddish nash, from nashn, to eat sweets, nibble on, from Middle High German naschen, to nibble, from Old High German hnascōn.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Yiddish נאַשן (nashn), from Middle High German naschen ("nibble") (which is also the parent of German naschen). (Wiktionary)