from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The profession of a nurse.
- n. The tasks or care of a nurse.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. In the state of suckling young, lactating.
- adj. Referring to nurses.
- n. breastfeeding
- n. The process or profession of caring for patients as a nurse.
- v. Present participle of nurse.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Supplying or taking nourishment from, or as from, the breast
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the profession of a nurse
- n. nourishing at the breast
- n. the work of caring for the sick or injured or infirm
Sorry, no etymologies found.