from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Consisting of eight parts or members.
- adj. Eight times as much in size, strength, number, or amount.
- n. An eightfold amount or number.
- transitive v. To multiply or be multiplied by eight.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. eightfold
- n. An eightfold amount or number
- v. To multiply by eight
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Eightfold.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having eight units; specifically, noting a motor-car with eight cylinders which drive a common crank-shaft.
- To multiply by eight; increase eightfold.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having eight units or components
Latin octuplus : octō-, octo- + -plus, -fold; see pel-2 in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)