from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Pinnately compound with a single terminal leaflet, as in the leaves of the rose plant.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. pinnate with a single leaflets at the apex
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pinnate with a single leaflet at the apex; -- of a leaf shape.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In botany, pinnate with a terminal odd leaflet, as in the rose; imparipinnate.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (a leaf shape) pinnate with a single leaflet at the apex
Sorry, no etymologies found.