from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One of the cells forming the outer surface of dental pulp that produces the dentin of a tooth.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A cell on the outer surface of dental pulp that produces tooth dentin
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One of the more or less columnar cells on the outer surface of the pulp of a tooth; an odontoplast. They are supposed to be connected with the formation of dentine.
- n. One of the cells which secrete the chitinous teeth of Mollusca.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A cell by which dentine is developed; a cell which produces dentinal tissue, the special substance which largely composes teeth.
odonto- + -blast (Wiktionary)