from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A part of the year marked by a cessation or lessening of normal activity, as of a business.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. That part of the year when business is most slack and there are fewest clients or visitors
- n. Period of time when regular competitions are not being held, or when an athlete is not participating in competitions.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. of or relating to a season of less than maximum demand.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the season when travel is least active and rates are lowest
Sorry, no etymologies found.