from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The inherited wealth of established upper-class families.
- n. A person, family, or lineage possessing inherited wealth: married old money.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Families that have been wealthy for generations or members of such families.
- n. The monetary system used in the United Kingdom before decimalisation (1971) and consisting of pounds, shillings, pence and farthings.
- n. The imperial system of measurement, as opposed to the metric system.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the inherited wealth of established upper-class families
Sorry, no etymologies found.