- adj. literally Displayed on the dial of a clock (timepiece).
- adj. idiomatic Working at one's job; occupied in some manner during one's hours of remunerated employment.
- adj. idiomatic Of a taxicab, engaged for hire; displayed numerically as time or fare on the meter of a taxicab.
- adj. sports In the official time remaining in a game or other sporting event.
- adj. sports In the official time expired in a game or other sporting event.
- adj. of a motor vehicle Displayed numerically on the mileage or kilometric gauge.
- adj. Remunerated per unit of time.
- adv. idiomatic During one's official working hours; in or into a position of remunerated employment.
“His cold eyes, which were the colour of a German field uniform, flickered upward on the words, but Mr. Campion, following their gaze, saw that it rested on the clock over the jeweller’s two doors down.”
Looking for tweets for on the clock.