from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. On a level with the eye of the observer, as of a picture hung in on a wall.
- adj. At risk, as in a contest or enterprise.
- adv. Currently calling on the telephone.
- adv. On one of the lines marked on a playing field or court and, hence, in bounds.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. at risk (dependent upon success) in a contest or enterprise.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.