from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A performance by a traveling musical or dramatic performer or group in one place on one night only.
- n. The place at which such a performance is given.
- n. Slang A sexual encounter that is limited to only one occasion.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An occasion when a performer or team of them (especially in vaudeville) expects to perform at a theater for a single evening.
- n. A single sexual encounter between two individuals, where at least one of the parties has no immediate intention or expectation of establishing a longer-term sexual or romantic relationship. As the phrase implies, the relationship lasts for only one night.
- n. A person with whom one shares a single sexual encounter.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a brief sexual encounter lasting only for a single night
- n. a performance in one place on one night only
Sorry, no etymologies found.