from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A ballroom dance consisting of a series of unbroken rapid steps in 2/4 time.
- n. A piece of music for this dance.
- intransitive v. To perform this dance.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. an early ballroom dance, precursor to the foxtrot.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. dance the one-step
- n. an early ballroom dance; precursor to the fox-trot
Sorry, no etymologies found.