American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A school of abstract art characterized by the use of geometric shapes and brilliant colors to create optical illusions, as of motion, and free the art of all but visual associations.
- n. art A genre of abstract art that uses geometric shapes and vivid colours to create optical illusions, such as an illusion of movement.
- n. a style of abstractionism popular in the 1960s; produces dramatic visual effects with colors and contrasts that are difficult for the eye to resolve
- Short for optical art. (Wiktionary)
- op(tical) art. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘op art’.
Absurdity, dark art, radicalism, anger, tragic irony, and nothingness. Tee-hee!
words that evoke magic, mystery, mayhem, magnificence or anything else that glimmers in the grass
Looking for tweets for op art.