from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The period during which it is legal to hunt or catch game or fish.
- n. Informal A time of unrestrained harassment, criticism, or attack: "By 1950 it was open season on Communists and their fellow travelers” ( Boston).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A period of time during the calendar year when authorities within a jurisdiction permit the unrestricted hunting of one or more kinds of animal wildlife.
- n. A situation in which someone is endangered, blamed, harassed, or opposed in a sustained manner by a number of others; a situation in which something is endangered or otherwise opposed.
- n. A situation in which or period of time during which some activity or circumstance routinely occurs.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.