American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The branch of herpetology that deals with snakes.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The zoölogical study of serpents. Also, less properly, ophidology.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. That part of natural history which treats of the ophidians, or serpents.
- Ancient Greek ὄφις (ophis, "serpent, snake") + λόγος (logos, "knowledge"). (Wiktionary)
- Greek ophis, snake + -logy. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘ophiology’.
Terms used in Zoology
Looking for tweets for ophiology.