from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An instrument for examining the interior of an eye.
- n. An instrument for drawing projections of a skull.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An instrument designed to show the condition of the superficial portions of the eye.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An instrument for holding water around the eye, so that the refraction of the cornea is eliminated and the iris can be examined.
- n. In craniometry, an instrument for drawing projections of skulls.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an ophthalmoscope with a layer of water to neutralize the refraction of the cornea
ortho- + -scope (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.