from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A cell from which bone develops; a bone-forming cell.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A mononucleate cell from which bone develops.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One of the protoplasmic cells which occur in the osteogenetic layer of the periosteum, and from or around which the matrix of the bone is developed; an osteoplast.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A cell concerned in the formation of bone.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a cell from which bone develops
osteo- (“bone”) + -blast (“immature cell”) (Wiktionary)