from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a medical tool used for cutting or marking bone, used in dental implantation
- n. a kind of bone saw used in the 19th and early 20th centuries
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Strong nippers or a chisel for dividing bone.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In surgery, a sawlike instrument for cutting bones, specifically one for cutting the bones of the fetal cranium when it is necessary to reduce it considerably to permit delivery.
- n. A form of chisel used to divide the bone in the operation of osteotomy for the correction of deformity.
Sorry, no etymologies found.