from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An instrument for examining the interior of the ear, especially the eardrum, consisting essentially of a magnifying lens and a light.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An instrument used for examining the eardrum and interior of the outer ear.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An instrument for examining the condition of the ear.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An ear-speculum. See speculum.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. medical instrument consisting of a magnifying lens and light; used for examining the external ear (the auditory meatus and especially the tympanic membrane)
Sorry, no etymologies found.