from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To bid higher than: We outbid our rivals at the auction.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To bid more than somebody else in an auction.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To exceed or surpass in bidding; to bid a higher price.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To bid more than; go beyond in the offer of a price.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. bid higher than others
- v. bid over an opponent's bid when one's partner has not bid or doubled
From out- + bid. (Wiktionary)