from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A remote station or post.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A station or post in a remote position; an outpost
- adv. Out of town (but usually within the same country).
- adj. Out of town (but usually within the same country).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a station in a remote or sparsely populated location
Sorry, no etymologies found.