from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Sports Executed with the arm raised above the shoulder; overhand: an overarm throw.
- adj. Sports Of, relating to, or being a stroke in swimming that is begun with the arm lifted and stretched forward over the shoulder.
- transitive v. To supply (a nation, for example) with an excess of weaponry, especially nuclear missiles.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Throwing while having the hand above the elbow
- adv. Having the hand above the arm at the time of throwing
over- + arm (Wiktionary)