from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Too familiar, as:
- adj. Exceedingly common or ordinary: overfamiliar sayings.
- adj. Unduly forward or brash; offensively presumptuous: She displayed an overfamiliar attitude toward her superiors.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. common or repeated to the point of being unnoticed or annoying
- adj. so acquainted with something, that one doesn't notice it, or is annoyed by it
- adj. overly friendly or intimate
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Taking undue liberties; assuming an unwarranted tone of familiarity.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. taking undue liberties
Sorry, no etymologies found.