from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To pay (a party) too much.
- transitive v. To pay an amount in excess of (a sum due).
- intransitive v. To pay too much.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To pay too much.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To pay too much to; to reward too highly.
- transitive v. To pay too much for.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To pay in excess; pay more than is necessary.
- To reward beyond the price or value.
- To be more than a recompense or reward for.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. pay too much
Sorry, no etymologies found.