from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. overtype (feature where input replaces existing characters instead of being inserted before them)
- n. The printing of otherwise unavailable characters by printing one character over another, as - on top of L to produce Ł.
- n. The slightly doubled image on a coin which has been coined more than once.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To strike beyond.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To strike with excessive force; strike beyond.
over- + strike (Wiktionary)