from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To wash too much or too often.
- v. To become flooded.
- n. The flow of water and sediment over the crest of a beach that does not directly return to the water body.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To overflow.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To wash or flow over; spread over or on.
- In geology, consisting of drift carried by streams from a glacier and deposited on the outer side of its moraine.
over- + wash (Wiktionary)