from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To wear out; exhaust.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To wear out; to exhaust.
- n. outer clothing
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To wear too much; to wear out.
- n. Clothing worn over the ordinary indoor clothing, as overcoats, wraps, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To wear too much; consume, exhaust, or wear out: chiefly in the past participle.
- To wear until it is worn out; wear threadbare: render trite.
- Hence, to pass through; leave behind.
- n. Outer clothing, as overcoats, cloaks, etc.: a trade-name.
over- + wear (Wiktionary)