from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To have more weight than.
- transitive v. To weigh down excessively; overburden or oppress.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To exceed in weight; to overbalance; to weigh down.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To exceed in weight; to overbalance; to weigh down.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To exceed in weight; preponderate over; outweigh; overbalance.
over- + weigh (Wiktionary)