from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A variety of cultivated cherry having sweet juicy fruit.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A large heart-shaped cherry.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A large heart-shaped cherry, either black, red, or white.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A large variety of cherry: so called from its shape.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any of several cultivated sweet cherries having sweet juicy heart-shaped fruits
- n. large heart-shaped sweet cherry with soft flesh
From its shape.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
ox + heart (Wiktionary)