from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. (chemistry) to oxidize
- n. (chemistry) an oxide
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To oxidize.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To convert into an oxid, as metals, etc., by combination with oxygen. Also oxygenate.
- To become oxidized; become an oxid.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. enter into a combination with oxygen or become converted into an oxide
- v. add oxygen to or combine with oxygen
Sorry, no etymologies found.