American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A congenital abnormality of the skull in which the top of the head assumes a conical or pointed shape. Also called acrocephaly.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The character of a skull having a high vertical index; hypsicephaly.
- n. In anthropology, the head-form resulting from artificial deformation applied all around the head and preventing lateral and occipital growth, thus making the head very high in the region of the bregma. Similar forms result from premature synostosis of the parietals with the occipital or temporal bones.
- n. A kind of cephalic disorder: sometimes the premature closure of the coronal suture plus any other suture, such as the lambdoid; sometimes the premature fusing of all sutures.
- n. a congenital abnormality of the skull; the top of the skull assumes a cone shape
- From Greek oxukephalos, sharp-headed : oxus, sharp; see oxygen + -kephalos, -cephalous. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
‘oxycephaly’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for oxycephaly.