from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Made of a soft wool fabric with a colorful, woven or printed and swirled pattern of abstract curved shapes.
- adj. Marked with this pattern.
- n. An article of clothing made of paisley fabric.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. motif of swirling droplet
- n. a soft woolen fabric having this motif
- adj. made from this fabric, or marked with this design
After Paisley .(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Paisley in Scotland, where shawls of this kind were woven in the 1800s. (Wiktionary)