from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An instrument for obtaining directly, without calculation, the true bearing of the sun, and thence the variation of the compass.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. [lowercase] An instrument for determining the error of a ship's compass by the bearing of celestial objects.
- n. The typical and only living genus of Palinuridæ. P. vulgaris is known as the spiny lobster, rock-lobster, or sea-crawfish.
- n. A genus of stromateoid fishes: same as Lirus.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. type genus of the family Palinuridae
Sorry, no etymologies found.