from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Relating to the cerebral cortex.
- adj. Relating to the mantle of a mollusk, brachiopod, or bird.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or produced by a mantle, especially to the mantle of mollusks.
- adj. Of, or relating to, the pallium
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to a mantle, especially to the mantle of mollusks; produced by the mantle. See Illust. of bivalve.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to a mantle or pallium.
- Specifically, in conchology, pertaining to the pallium or mantle of a mollusk.
- Relating to the pallium or cerebral cortex.
pallium + -al1.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Latin pallium ("a mantle"). (Wiktionary)