from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Botany Divided palmately about halfway to the base: a palmatifid leaf.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having lobes with incisions that extend less than half-way toward the petiole.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Palmate, with the divisions separated but little more than halfway to the common center.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In botany, same as palmately cleft (which see, under palmately).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of a leaf shape; palmately cleft rather than lobed
Sorry, no etymologies found.