American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A grass (Cortaderia selloana) of southern South America, having silvery plumes and growing in large clumps more than three meters (ten feet) tall.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A fine ornamental grass, Gynerium argenteum, introduced from the La Plata region. Its ample silvery-silky panicles are borne on stalks from 6 to 12 feet high.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Bot.) a very tall ornamental grass (Gynerium argenteum) with a silvery-white silky panicle. It is a native of the pampas of South America.
- n. tall perennial grass of pampas of South America having silvery plumes and growing in large dense clumps
- After the Pampas . (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Miss Pork’s voice was audible to them now, although she was out of their sight hidden by a pedestal supporting a brass pot which had pampas grass sprouting from it, but they could see Johnny and the woman beside him.”
“It is one of those little independent republics you find hidden away up and down the Thames, full of brightly painted hutments among the willows and pampas grass with their names tacked up on boards.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘pampas grass’.
Grasses, and words about grasses.
Prairie grasses names are found in this list.
Names of medical marijuana strains can be found elsewhere.
words that evoke magic, mystery, mayhem, magnificence or anything else that glimmers in the grass
Looking for tweets for pampas grass.