from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To separate and recover (valuable minerals) by swirling dirt or crushed rock in a pan of water, in the manner of a traditional prospector seeking gold.
- v. To succeed; to proceed according to plan; to result or end up.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- intransitive v. To succeed.
- To turn out (profitably or unprofitably); to result; to develop.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. wash dirt in a pan to separate out the precious minerals
- v. be a success
Sorry, no etymologies found.