from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having a specified kind or number of panes. Often used in combination: clear-paned windows; double-paned French doors.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having panes of a certain kind.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having panes; provided with panes; also, having openings
- adj. Having flat sides or surfaces.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having panes, panels, or stripes of a different color inserted: as, paned hose or breeches, usually made full and stuffed out with cotton, etc.
- Provided with panes; composed of small panes or squares.
Glass walls will have a very low insulating R-value, even if they are double paned, which is doubtful to me.
The Willowdell is a traditionally styled farmhouse with some nontraditional features, such as paned windows with a half-moon over the upstairs window.
On either side of fireplace are generous, diamond-paned windows.
The windows I took were double-paned and factory made and I got them at a very good price.
I just saw some double paned aluminum 3 'x 5' windows at Lowe's for a little over 100 dollars.
It was paned and half the height of a normal window, its lower sill even with the grass.
Double paned south facing windows and We usually had to turn on the heater on for all of a week when there was snow on the ground.
Reclaimed wood is used for the beams and cabinets throughout the home, which also has triple-paned windows.
Reclaimed wood is used for the beams and cabinets throughout the home, which also has triple-paned windows and geothermal heating.
There are double-paned windows and high-efficiency boilers.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.